F18-7: Electricity Producing Gut Bacteria

4.5(90%) 40 votes
This entry was posted in F18 Bioenergetics & Cells. Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to F18-7: Electricity Producing Gut Bacteria

1. Justin Rowe says:

Good and engaging visuals. It had a strange decrease in audio quality near the middle of the video but throughout the wording was always clear and got the point across without using overly-complex vocab

2. Ashley Salen says:

Video animations were interesting to watch. Graphs were well explained to convey article results. Class topics such as electron transport chain and cellular respiration discussed and connected to article.

3. Chloe Pryor says:

Good job explaining the concept and linking it back to the course. Also, the video was entertaining to watch with all the graphics you used.

4. Tana Nguyen says:

I loved the animations, graphics, and gifs throughout this video! I was highly engaged! The graphs/figures shown in the video looked highly complex, but you guys simplified the information well! I really liked how you guys dedicated a section of this video to previous class notes; this made me understand the significance of the article.

5. Tamia Jones says:

The video was very fun to watch! I think if some key phrases appeared on the screen from time to time on the video it would help solidify the main takeaway from what’s being said during the video. I really liked that you explicitly related how your topic applies to what we’re learning in class. Great video!

6. Payal Patel says:

This video was very interactive and fun to watch. The concepts seem hard to follow, but with the animations, you guys explained it really well.

7. Brooke Mckenzie says:

I love how you were able to relate the viewer to the topic to keep interest! I especially liked the electricity and upcoming test part. The little bacteria cartoons were also very cute! Also, the graphs definitely showed how great wild types are at producing electricity! That is insane.

8. Jessica Winkler says:

I really enjoyed how its like a bacteria is telling us about other bacteria. You also had very engaging images in the video. Good job linking the information from the article to specific concepts from class.

9. Vivien Ly says:

Cute and fun graphics! I like how you gave common examples of similar activities to EET such as fermentation and vomiting. Explanations of graphs and diagrams were explained clearly

10. Anastasia Pavlyuk says:

I really liked the visuals you used. They kept my attention throughout the whole video. You made the topic very interesting and understandable. One thing I noticed was the shift in audio quality. Other than that, great job!

11. Dorothy Lubin says:

Exciting video and very colorful! Great use of cellular processes used in class.

12. Jaynie Rice says:

Loved this video! Super fun to watch because of all the pictures! Awesome layout and easy to understand. I also liked how you mentioned why a biology 1511 student would care about this specific paper and how you related it to specific modules within the class. Great job!

13. Molly Niepoky says:

The video was exciting and entertaining to watch and I really liked the graphics. Your explanations were very clear and you did a great job relating them back to the Biol 1511 class information and topics. One thing that could have been helpful are brief sentences or phrases during long periods of just talking. Great job!

14. Elizabeth Blackmon says:

I enjoyed how this video was put together, because the animations kept my attention throughout. The connection back to the course was very explicit and evident. The graphs were presented very straightforward and easy to understand. Great information!

15. Julia Bartlewski says:

This video was extremely well done. I loved the graphics, and the topics were explained very clearly. I like how you showed the relevance of this topic to our specific Bio 1511 course. Great Job!

16. Jessica Meredith says:

This video covers an interesting but complex topic, and breaks down the information nicely. I appreciated the direct connections to the biology modules, and the complicated graphs were easy to understand due to great explanation. I liked the cartoons since they added simple visual stimulation, and they had a cute theme. Good job!

17. Sunny Jin says:

How did you do the animations? They’re so cute. The graphs were well explained, and the video was very engaging overall. I like how you tied in the e- transport chain in the end, and it’s cool to learn that minerals can also be electron acceptors.

18. Akhil Kulkarni says:

The video was very informative and did a good job at explaining your topic effectively. However, the audio inconsistencies and animations made it difficult at times to stay engaged. Your connection to the in class topics was clear and well informed. Nice overall video!

19. Aruodo Nnanna says:

This is so good! The concept seems a little complicated at the surface but you guys really explained it super clearly at a level that could be easily understood by anyone. Also, great visuals. Made the video really engaging. I can definitely see the effort y’all put into this project!

20. David Osayi says:

These animations were great and secretly motivated me to continue watching. It was simple, physically appealing and the information was very digestible. The use of graphs and analogies also helped me piece all the information together.

21. Matthew Manion says:

I appreciated the use of pop culture to help convey the information and to keep the viewer interested. The explanation of this complex topic was approachable while keeping the important information still in the presentation. 10/10 would review again.

22. Henry Crossley says:

The video had awesome graphics in it from pop culture that made it fun to watch. The topic was also super interesting and well explained. Very good job with relating processes we learned in class to the video. I liked towards the end where we were told why we should care.

23. Lily Torp says:

This video explained the topic very well in an easy-to-understand format with helpful graphics. It kept my interest the entire time and I found it very interesting! Well done!

24. Nina John says:

The animations on this video were really cool! Connection made to the module was clear; you referenced cellular processes and the electron transport chain. The graphs shown were relevant to the data. Nice Job!

25. Anna Wang says:

The animations and gifs really kept me engaged and entertained throughout this video! The topic initially seemed complex but your video’s incorporation of in-class notes/concepts in addition to simplified explanations facilitated understanding.

26. Veronica Winkeljohn says:

I enjoyed the the animations that you added for a lot of ideas and how the video had graphics for each and every idea. In addition, the video did a good job by initially describing the content of the material and then discussing the results from the article. The connections to Biology 1511 are very clear and concise as well. Good job!

27. Sarah Pearson says:

I think y’all did a great of incorporating the information from your article into this video. The graphs were well explained and easy to understand. However, the video would stay on one background for quite a while sometimes, especially when y’all were tying the topic back to out 1511 class. This makes the video less engaging.
    Overall, good job guys!

28. Susan wang says:

you guys did a great job with this video. The animations were so engaging and and fun. The speaking pace was just right, and the concepts were clear and easy to understand.

29. Shelsea Escobar-Quintanilla says:

The animations you incorporated into your video made it really fun and interesting to watch. I really liked how you related your information back to what we have learned in class. Overall, I found this video to be very informative and easy to follow!

30. Aaqila Faizer says:

Your video had lots of cute and engaging images. Speakers were clear and I like that the end of the video made sure to relate the study’s concepts back to ideas we discussed in class. Overall great video.

31. Allison Jara says:

I loved the videos and animations that were put into this video; they made it entertaining to watch and easy to follow along with. Also, great job organizing the information in a way that was easy to understand.

32. Yeun Soo Lee says:

Nice video! The animations were funny and made it interesting to watch. The informations were thoroughly explained. It would have been even better if the voices were slight louder.

33. Michael Brimer says:

Great connections made to topics discussed in class. Good pace of speaking and voice inflection made it easy to listen to.

34. Katerina Shalikashvili says:

The animations are so good in this video! It was very easy to follow along with. The end was especially good when you told the audience why your topic matters.

35. Victoria Winkeljohn says:

Despite the change in the audio quality, I think this was a very nice video. I liked the graphics because they were entertaining and fitting. Also, I like how explicit you were when relating your article back to our class.

36. Isabella Savell says:

The graphics were very entertaining! I was captivated throughout the video. I think playing into the entertainment factor made understanding the article much easier. This was a great way to turn a complicated topic into a summary that anyone could understand.

37. Neha Bhatia says:

The animations were a great touch, and the information was easy to understand and engage with. It was a job well done on a complex topic. Great video!

38. Audris Jones says:

I love the use of animations in this video. The animations most definitely kept me interested during the vise. T topics that we went over in class were very well explained and the graphs were easy to understand.

39. Stacy Aragon says:

The use of images was super cute and engaging! The concepts were well-explained, and the video was well put together. Great job!

40. Marteisha Danielle Griffin says:

I like all of the visuals you guys included. Good job explaining your topics! The pace and tone of the video was great!