F19-13 Effects of the Gut Microbe on Longevity of Life

This video presentation addresses how the gut microbe can be the solution to living a longer life. Through lab research and studies on old and young mice, we see that a healthier gut leads to a healthier and longer life.

Can Gut Microbes lead to eternal life?
Michelle Han, Anna Mancil , Richard Wong, Stevi Floyd

This entry was posted in -F19 Evolution, -F19 Genetics. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to F19-13 Effects of the Gut Microbe on Longevity of Life

1. Jamie Madigan says:

The audio quality makes it hard for some of the video to be understood. Nice use of images to explain the topic so that the viewers can follow along visually.

2. Vishva Natarajan says:

The part about the never aging mice seemed interesting but unfortunately was hard to understand because of the poor audio quality. The visual representation of topics was helpful.

3. Thanh Long Nguyen says:

The audio is sometimes hard to listen to. Other than that, the video is very interesting and did a great job of explaining the concept.

4. Hollyn Tao says:

I like the way the script is written. I feel like it makes the topic interesting to the viewer. However, the audio was really hard for me to understand.

5. Maddie Meer says:

This video did a nice job of providing a detailed explanation of the topic however it was hard to understand all of the script.

6. Prerna Kokil says:

The images transition well together and create a good flow. They provide a good way of presenting the information.

7. Mehak Sahney says:

The concepts were very easy to follow along throughout the video. Additionally, the pictures and flow of the video kept the topic very engaging. However, the audio did make it difficult to hear at times. I’ll definitely buy some kimchi now when I go to the store.

8. Nimra Khan says:

The figures and diagrams provided a good touch to the video. The concepts were explained well, however it was difficult to understand at times due to the audio quality.

9. Salena Le says:

I agree that the audio was a little hard to hear and understand, but the information that you explained was good and there was a sufficient amount of images that made it interesting to watch.

10. Kyle Pierre says:

This topic was very interesting, and the concept was explained in a solid manner. The visuals were very helpful, and the connections back to class content helped to put the purpose of this article into context. Nice work!

11. Zizi Ohamadike says:

The pictures and animations in were very engaging. The narration was also engaging and helpful in explaining the information. However, the audio was unclear in some parts. Overall, great job!

12. Zoe Kim says:

The concepts were explained very well, and the addition of the visuals created an engaging video. It was enough to make me want to do further research on the topic, however, it was extremely difficult to hear as the audio quality was very poor.

13. Sierra Fritz says:

The concept was well explained during the video, but the audio quality made it hard for the audience to stay engaged with the video. The diagrams and pictures did help to keep the audience’s interest though.

14. Leah Tuck says:

The figures used were clear and were zoomed in on well and at the right times. The script was easy to understand and applicable to college students, but the audio made it very difficult to follow. Some pictures seemed random and slides were repeated.

15. Samantha Rice says:

I think this video includes a lot of really helpful images to explain the topic. However, the audio was very difficult to understand. I think that if the audio volume was a little louder, this would have been a very effective video with a lot of great information.

16. Kylie Semper says:

The graphs made it easier to understand how the gut bacteria increased longevity of life in mice. However, the audio quality in the video made it difficult to follow, especially in the introduction.

17. Aleena Chaudhry says:

It was very difficult to follow along at some parts due to the audio quality. However, I enjoyed the graphics and their explanations. Nice job overall.

18. Tuyet Anh Nguyen says:

I really liked the visuals used in this video, since it helped the audience follow along with the topic. The explanation was also very clear and concise, making the video quite interesting. However, there were some parts of the video where the audio is difficult to hear.

19. Ha Jin Kim says:

Although some parts of the audio were hard to understand, the graphs and pictures helped me get through. The transition between images was smooth and a nice job covering the material.

20. Akshara Jayaraman says:

The images and visuals of the video provided a good way to understand the information. The audio quality, however, made it very hard to understand everything. The visuals helped to figure out the contents of the article and the information presented.

21. Maya Davis says:

The pictures were really engaging and helpful tools to explain the topic. The explanations were also very straight to the point and clear. However, the audio was hard to understand and at times I found myself focusing so hard to listen that I would miss key details.

22. Erica Pareizs says:

The information, figures, and explanations were great and the script itself was engaging, but it was totally distracted by the audio that was painful to listen to.

23. Hannah Snyder says:

I think the video was really interesting and the images were well chosen and interesting. I also think the audio takes away alot from the video because it makes it hard to understand all of the information presented.

24. Katelyn Mcmath says:

The audio was not very clear and I struggled to understand most of the video. The information was very interesting and the images and videos used were well-chosen.

25. Sydney Prusak says:

I thought that the execution of this video was very unique. The pictures were helpful for understanding. I also appreciated the citations throughout the video. I think that the audio could have been improved to enhance the quality and understanding of the video.

26. Alixandra Teschner says:

The images and graphs helped guide the video and were very clear. The voice over is good and easy to follow, you guys did a great job explaining. However, the audio is a little hard to hear at some points during the video.

27. Eva Salmon says:

The animations and pictures in the video are good and help with understanding what is going on, but the audio is not good and it is difficult to hear what is being said. From what I did hear though, the explanations were good and informative.

28. Andrew Hood says:

The images were well chosen, and did much to aid the discussion of the topic. I liked the script, and overall the video was engaging, but the audio quality made it very hard to understand and follow. It’s definitely an interesting topic, and I would like to know more! Good job!

29. Sydney Prusak says:

I thought that the execution of this video was very unique. The pictures were helpful for understanding. I also appreciated the citations throughout the video. I never realized how much the gut microbes can affect an individual’s aging before this video. I think that the audio could have been improved to enhance the quality and understanding of the video.

30. Michael Nguyen says:

Though there were numerous visuals to help move and explaining the topic along, it is hard to grasp a solid understanding of the video due to the poor audio quality. Albeit, the topic of gut microbe is actually pretty cool!

31. Madeline Tapp says:

The figures and images were interesting and appealing to look at; however, I had a hard time understanding the narration, so don’t really think I was able to completely follow the information. On the other hand, the audio did get better as the video went on, which was a positive. The conclusion was effective.

32. Perpetual Nketsiah says:

The poor audio quality made it difficult to concentrate on what was being said, however, the images did a good job of carrying the viewer through the video.

33. Vivi Tran says:

The images really helped me better understand the topic! However, the audio quality made the information very difficult to understand because it was hard to make out what the speakers were saying.

34. Celine Akande says:

The images were interesting, well-ordered, and described the topic at hand perfectly. The audio was a bit unclear at certain points which made it difficult to understand, but I personally got the gist of it all. Good job.

35. Saulye Nichols says:

The audio was very hard to understand throughout the video, but the visuals helped a lot! The narration was upbeat and the topic was very interesting. Good job!

36. Kylie Semper says:

The audio was very difficult to understand in this video, especially at the beginning. The explanation of the scientific figures was very helpful in understanding how the gut microbes can impact aging. Overall I think this is a very interesting topic and your group did well.

37. Hannah Shin says:

The images were very easy to read and understand, but it was difficult to understand the commentary due to poor audio quality. The animation was a bit choppy, but I liked the smoother transitions in the latter portion of the video. The execution could’ve been better, but otherwise, great job!

38. Onyinye Chukka says:

The audio made it very difficult for me to understand the content of the video. I was lost during the video but there was nice visuals. I suggest next time to rewatch the video to ensure that the audio can be heard throughout the video.

39. Oluwatosin Sogbesan says:

Very good video as far as information presentation. I could understand it but your visuals where a bit choppy. I also felt the transitions were not smooth but, overall, Great job!

40. Caroline Rigsbee says:

It would have helped a lot if the audio was louder/easier to understand. Increasing the volume or speaking more clearly would really improve the video. I liked the quality and content of the graphics, and they provided a good visual aid for the video. In addition I felt there could be some better video editing with transitions to make it cleaner. Overall the content was interesting but I don’t know if I would recommend it due to the audio.