F19-2 Olfactory Preferences in Chickadees

This entry was posted in -F19 Evolution. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to F19-2 Olfactory Preferences in Chickadees

1. Salena Le says:

I really enjoyed the video and was very engaged on the production of the video. The narration was smooth and clear. I really like how there was a cartoon narrator showing the data and pictures. I think you really did a good job explaining your topic and tying it to the vocabulary.

2. Richard Wong says:

The transition and animations were very attractive and intriguing to the audience and the information was broken down into parts that really helped me in the understanding of the concepts with great use of the diagram to explain the setup and purpose of the experiment. Overall, I really liked the video , though the only thing is that there were several long pauses at the beginning of the video between slow transitions that altered the flow of ideas, but regardless, this video was a great representation of the paper and ideas.

3. Kyle Pierre says:

The animation was very engaging in this video, and the connections back to course content made this article easy to digest, and helped me to apply concepts from that unit. The graphs also added a very nice touch to the video. Nice work!

4. Zizi Ohamadike says:

The animations in this video were very engaging and appropriate for the information in the study. I also appreciated the clear narration because it made the information easy to comprehend. Also, the words on each screen only aided me in understanding the information. Great job!

5. Aleena Chaudhry says:

I really enjoyed the animations! They were cute, engaging, and clever. Some of the transitions were a little slow, but the narration was well-timed and clear. Relevant connections were made and tied back to this course. The graphs were effectively used and explained. Great job with this video!

6. Ha Jin Kim says:

A great job of producing a quality video! The video was very informative and the audio quality was good. The animation of the video allows the viewers to be entertained and focused throughout the video.

7. Nimra Khan says:

Very nice use of animations to explain the concept and the examples were easy to follow. The video was informative and successful in explaining some very complex ideas.

8. Sacha Pamphile says:

This was a great video overall! It was very informative and thought out. The charts and graphs supported the statements made and were thoroughly explained. I also enjoyed the animation and images presented as it was very engaging and easy to follow along.

9. Akshat Patel says:

The animations were very engaging in the video. Transitions and narration was smooth and not disruptive for the audience. I liked how you talked about the significance and tied it back to concepts learned in lectures. The graphs and charts were used well and helped explain the overall topic. Great job overall!!

10. Michelle Han says:

The video was very easy to follow which grabbed my attention whole time throughout the video! The animation in the video greatly contributed to keeping the audience attentive and entertained. It was interesting to learn that oils and odor cues are factors that lead to how male chickadees choose their mates. I felt like you guys thoroughly explained what needs to be explained and used sufficient statistics to show how the evidence supports the discovery of the scientists. Good job!

11. Enye Lee says:

The video was very engaging and easy to follow and enjoy. There were many good connections from the lectures in the video. The explanation of the chamber was really well done. The inclusion of graphs was also very helpful in supporting your topic. The transition could have been a little smoother, but overall it was an extremely enjoyable video.

12. Basma Hamid says:

This video has to be one of the most fun video to watch! It was so easy to follow along and keep up with, and it was so engaging too! The narration was clear and slow, the animation was great and it delivered the information nicely! I really enjoyed this video, good job!

13. Katelyn Mcmath says:

The animations were done very professionally and the overall video was very easy to follow. The explanation for the research experiment was both thorough and interesting. The graphs and data shown helped to give a visual representation to viewers to help overall understanding. The video was very enjoyable to watch and understand!

14. Alixandra Teschner says:

The animations made the video very engaging and easy to watch. All of the information seemed to be explained very well and easy to follow. The pictures and graphs made sense and were explained. Overall an amazing video.

15. Eva Salmon says:

Your video was really good and well put together. The animations were very appealing and went along well with everything the narrator said. I liked the way you explained all the details in a concise and easy to follow way. All of the transitions in the video were super smooth as well. Overall, the video was put together very well; it looks like a Hank Green crash course video.

16. Andrew Hood says:

The animation gave the video a clean aesthetic, and the presentation seemed well thought out. The animations were engaging and positively contributed to the overall engagement in the video. The topics covered were expertly related back to topics in class, and I learned something about bird mating. Good Job!

17. Erica Pareizs says:

I really enjoyed the video, the information was clear and the visual was an overall helpful aid. There was a couple weird distracting background transitions, but overall the video was steady.

18. Madeline Tapp says:

The graphics in this video fit very well with the narration and the images and motion of the different graphs, etc helped keep the audience engaged. I liked how the narration was done by only one person because there were no distracting transitions. Overall, awesome job!

19. Elijah Grindle says:

The video is super easy to follow and the visuals very well tie in the information to clarify the experiment. The narration was clear the whole time and felt informative and not just being read straight from a script. Really cool example of how something such as odor can prevent a species from mating and thus cause speciation. Excellent video!

20. Perpetual Nketsiah says:

The video was very nice to watch because of the animations; they were very well done and held the viewer’s attention. Additionally, the speaker’s clear way of speaking and voice projection encouraged me to stay focused.

21. Vivi Tran says:

I really loved the animations and visuals! They really helped me understand the topic and enhanced the information presented! The audio was very clear, which made it easier to comprehend the material. The words included in the video made the video very organized and easy to follow.

22. Celine Akande says:

The animation made this a fantastic video. It enhanced the explanations and kept me engaged. Great job!

23. Celine Akande says:

The only thing I would change about this video is the length. I wish it were longer, but I feel that the topic was covered effectively.

24. Ariz Jebien Sayson says:

The animations of the birds helped me better understand the information that came along with them; this was especially helpful when visualizing the experiment. The narration was simple and easy to follow, leading me to completely understand the given topic.

25. Caroline Rigsbee says:

Overall the video looked very clean and professional. The audio was easy to hear and the script was easy to follow. All the animations were great, and overall this was a very well done project. I think the conclusion wraps up the video nicely. All video editing and transitions were clean and looked nice.

26. Kylie Semper says:

I enjoyed the aesthetic of the video. The cartoons made your appearance very professional. The highlight of this video was definitely the graphs and data. Your explanation was very clear. Good job!

27. Hannah Shin says:

The animations in this video were extremely smooth and I really enjoyed watching it! I like how you included topics from Module 1 of BIOL 1511. The flow of the video was easy on the eyes and I was engaged throughout. I liked the arrows pointing to the specific details you were explaining. You did a phenomenal job!

28. Jayden Kimbro says:

I really like the animation. Good job including some of the important course concepts like positive assortative mating and pre/post- zygotic isolation.

29. Onyinye Chukka says:

Great job! I loved the animations and the audio was extremely clear and well articulated. I like how you tied together some material that we learned during lecture into the video. The amount of text on the screen was good amount that emphasize the information being narrated while not overwhelming the viewer.