F19-9: The Top-Down Effect

Resources:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190213081648.htm

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-37576-6#author-information

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/282/5388/473

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20337755

This entry was posted in -F19 Ecology. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to F19-9: The Top-Down Effect

1. Basma Hamid says:

That was such a fun video to watch! It was so informative and entertaining as well, good job guys!

2. Vishva Natarajan says:

I really liked the paper cutouts. Explanations were clear and simple to understand.

3. Maddie Meer says:

This video presented the information in an engaging and informative manner. Nice work!

4. Prerna Kokil says:

I liked the puppets as they kept me engaged throughout your presentation. It was a unique approach and I enjoyed it.

5. Nimra Khan says:

Very creative approach to the video! It was engaging and simple enough for the audience to understand

6. Richard Wong says:

The video took a very interesting and appealing approach to convey the information to the audience. The script was consistent and was very easy to understand. The only thing is that the transition between the background really affected the overall flow of the video, but the information remained consistent. Overall, the video was very entertaining to watch.

7. Mehak Sahney says:

I really enjoyed the puppets as it really illustrated the topic in a simple yet informative way.

8. Abigail Blackmon says:

I loved the puppets because they helped make the concepts very clear. I also really liked that multiple examples of this concept were included to give ways different ecosystems could be affected.

9. Akshara Jayaraman says:

I like the unique presentation of the information! It illustrated a complex topic in a easier way for us to understand. Overall, very entertaining video to watch and clearly presented the information from the article!

10. Sacha Pamphile says:

This video was very informative and creative with the use of puppets as visuals. The visuals made it easier to follow along considering it is an intricate topic. However, the transitions from one background to another could be more smoother or consistent. It was a great video overall as the ideas were clearly presented throughout.

11. Maya Davis says:

I absolutely adore your paper puppets. It was cute but also informative and fun to watch. The information provided was very easy to understand and follow. If you wanted to make your video just a little better I think you guys could improve on your transitions and making the narration a bit livelier.

12. Tuyet Anh Nguyen says:

This video was really creatively made! I really enjoyed looking at the visuals since they helped me follow along with the video. The explanations were also clear and understandable. This is just a suggestion, but I think adding background music can make the narration livelier.

13. Hannah Snyder says:

I loved this video! It was so creative and kept me engaged the whole time. The use of puppets was a very good idea. Also, it explained this topic in a way that was very easy to understand.

14. Enye Lee says:

This is a very visually effective video that captures the audience’s attention. There seems to be a lot of effort put into this video. The numerous examples of the top-down effect helps articulates the concept in a way that is understandable. I think that the video lacked a little bit of unity, so the video felt a little inconsistent.

15. Katelyn Mcmath says:

The animations were very interesting and easy to follow. I really enjoyed both watching the video and learning about the top-down effect in relation to oceanic ecosystems. One way the video could be made better would be by adding background music.

16. Michael Nguyen says:

I really enjoyed watching this video. The concept of using puppets was fresh and made me feel relaxed like I was watching an educational cartoon when I was a kid versus just watching a narrating documentary. See y’all on PBS!

17. Erica Pareizs says:

Great Video!! Information is very clear and the quality of sounds and creative video lead to an overall amazing experience.

18. Michael Nguyen says:

Using puppets was a unique idea that gives us a change of pace from drawings, animations, and powerpoint narrations, and it was a nice change of pace! I liked the examples provided but I wish they were shown in a similar puppet form. However, I understand the difficulty in this and applaud your creativity. Also, the photos at the end were grainy but it is not as important and is overshadowed by the depth you guys put into explaining the concept of the top-down effect.

19. Elijah Grindle says:

Really interesting and entertaining idea to keep the viewer involved in the topic. The multiple different examples helps explain how the top-down effect works really well and repeats the information in unique ways to help the viewer understand. Maybe talking about the environmental consequences of the top-down effect some more might be good but other than that excellent video!

20. Perpetual Nketsiah says:

I liked the graphics in the video; they made the video fun to watch. Additionally, the transitions were very clear and crisp, and I appreciated the variety in speakers.

21. Hannah Shin says:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching your video. The use of puppet sticks for a visual representation of your topic was a very fresh and creative idea, aside from the drawings or slideshows I’ve seen for many others. It made the video fun and engaging. The audio quality was also excellent and made the speakers sound clear and professional. Great job!