F19- Group 1 The Role of Membrane Proteins in the Origin of Cells

Citations

First cells may have emerged because building blocks of proteins stabilized membranes. (2019, August 12). Retrieved from https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/08/190812155502.htm.

Lodish, H. (1970, January 1). Membrane Proteins. Retrieved from 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK21570/.

Membrane Protein. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/membrane-protein.

Scoville, H. (2018, March 5). What Is Primordial Soup? Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/early-life-theory-of-primordial-soup-1224531.

This entry was posted in -F19 Bioenergetics, -F19 Evolution. Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to F19- Group 1 The Role of Membrane Proteins in the Origin of Cells

1. Vishva Natarajan says:

Explanations were clear. I think the drawings were nice and kept the video engaging. I feel the volume of the music could have been reduced relative to the narration.

2. Thanh Long Nguyen says:

I enjoyed the content of the video. The drawing was also amazing. However, the background music is loud in my opinion, which was distracting to me.

3. Hollyn Tao says:

I think you guys did a great job using visuals and speech to make this research easy to understand. It was clear and engaging.

4. Jamie Madigan says:

I love how you transitioned between each page in the video. Also great job highlighting major points with the drawings. It helped to better understand the concepts in an intriguing way.

5. Prerna Kokil says:

I liked how engaging your video was. The drawings are good and match your script well. I was able to take away relevant info.

6. Anh Vu says:

This video was overall very well recorded, I liked the idea of drawing out your ideas and giving visual interpretations of what you wished to teach the audience. I think some concepts were more overwhelming (audio specific) but this showed efforts towards an engaging video.

7. Mehak Sahney says:

The transitions between each concept were very clear and the creative and colorful drawings kept the video engaging while informative at the same time. The visuals and script made the information easy to follow through.

8. Anh Vu-Ana says:

9. Salena says:

I really like the drawings that went well with the information that you were teaching us. I did think the background music was a little too loud. Maybe turning it down a bit next time when you a doing a voice over so that your voice is more clear.

10. Ayomide Ayeni says:

You did a good job of being able to explain the concepts in an engaging way! The graphics throughout the video synced very well with the voice of the narrator. Also, being able to paint a story really helps the viewer to remain engaged.

11. Kyle Pierre says:

The explanation of concepts was very clear, and the visuals of the video kept me engaged. The pictures drawn also helped me to understand what you guys were trying to sell. Nice work!

12. Zoe Kim says:

The pictures were extremely simple and kept me engaged. The information provided was well explained. The only thing I would change would be the volume of the music because it made it slightly difficult to hear the voiceovers.

13. Sierra Fritz says:

The visual of the drawings went along perfectly with the audio to enhance the understanding of the concept discussed. The audio was also very well recorded and clear to understand. The video really painted a picture for the audience to grasp the topic.

14. Nimra Khan says:

Very nice use of graphics to explain your point! The video was engaging, easy to follow, and informative

15. Leah Tuck says:

All of the drawings went very well with the script and were easy to follow! There was a great explanation about the importance of this research and how it applies to the rest of our studies.

16. Samantha Rice says:

I think this video was really good! The drawings were very clear and really complemented the narrative. The experiment was very well explained and the research that was conducted was very interesting. The only improvement would be that the background music would sometimes overpower the audio. Other then that, this group did a really great job!

17. Basma Hamid says:

You guys did a really good job of delivering the key ideas with clear and concise explanations, and I though the visuals were really fun and engaging! Job well done!

18. Kylie Semper says:

The drawings definitely made it easier to follow such a complex topic. The drawings that said “results” and other aspects in the research were specifically helpful to me. This was very creative. Good job!

19. Abigail Blackmon says:

I liked the use of the drawings, as they made the video entertaining. I liked the music although it was a little loud compared to the audio. I found the importance section interesting, especially when discussing how evolution can be traced back to early organic compounds.

20. Aleena Chaudhry says:

I really enjoyed the simple drawings; they made it easy for me to understand the concepts. The narration was clear, but I recommend lowering the volume of the background music as it was somewhat distracting. Besides that, very nice job!

21. Akshara Jayaraman says:

The visuals were well and clearly drawn, helping to understand the article as a whole! The voiceover is very clear and concise, accompanied by nice music that doesn’t take away the attention from the voiceover. Overall, the video did a nice job of conveying information with the clear and helpful visuals.

22. Sacha Pamphile says:

I liked the idea of drawing the information presented in the video as it is more engaging and creative. The visuals were clear and simple, and they helped with understanding the overall message of the video. With that said, this video did a good job with illustrating the key ideas and evidence on the role of membrane proteins.

23. Tuyet Anh Nguyen says:

Explanations were very clear, helping the audience understand the content. On top of that, the visuals were very nice and simple, which helped the audience follow along with the explanation of the content. Transitions were smooth as well. Therefore, I think the video was really well made!

24. Maya Davis says:

Your video was super engaging and easy to follow. The transitions were really smooth and I loved how you drew everything, it really kept me focused. Besides just the visual, I thought your explanations were clear and concise and I enjoyed your narrations and the music in the background. Overall, I think it was a really well done video.

25. Akshat Patel says:

The explanations were clear and understandable. The drawings kept the video engaged and were simple enough for the audience to understand. Only change I would have made was to lower the background music a little bit. Narration was also very clear. Overall, great job in the video!

26. Madeline Tapp says:

Overall, the video was very easy to follow. The drawings simplified what the narrator was explaining which made it easer to follow. The overview of the information was detailed enough to get a good understanding of the topic but not too complex where it was difficult to follow. I found it very visually appealing.

27. Michael Nguyen says:

It’s often difficult to explain complex concepts in a matter of minutes but somehow you did it. The explanation provided was very clear and comprehensible and in conjunction with the drawn images, it makes everything a little bit easier and engaging.

28. Katelyn Mcmath says:

The drawings were very well done and interesting to watch. The information was presented was easy to understand and was explained very well. The explanation of the research was interesting and engaging. Additionally, the background music gave the video a very professional feel.

29. Michelle Han says:

The video was creative and fun to watch. The drawing was cute and engaging. The thing that could have been improved was probably someone’s hand on the left side of the video that was a bit distracting somewhat. The music in the background was diverting my attention but the narration was clear enough to comprehend. Good job!

30. Eva Salmon says:

This video was really good. I liked how you had the drawings and then someone narrating was was happening. The video flowed well and everything was explained very well. I never got confused and learned a lot.

31. Andrew Hood says:

The use of color kept me engaged and I enjoyed the sing-song tune playing during the video (which may have distracted me a bit). The video was fairly easy to follow, and interesting to watch. Good job!

32. Erica Pareizs says:

The drawings were simple and engaging. The information was also easy to understand. Audio slightly fuzzy audio and background music slightly loud, but overall, Great Video!

33. Elijah Grindle says:

Very easy to understand and very well done. The drawings were neat yet simple but helped portray the topic well. Maybe some more background information would have been a little nice but other than that the video was perfectly simplistic and educational.

34. Michael Sketel says:

I really enjoyed watching your video! Your drawings were so neat and well done, and your use of color kept me very engaged in the topic. You presented the information in a way that was very easy to understand and comprehend, which I appreciated. I feel a lot more knowledgeable about membrane proteins!

35. Andrianna Mancil says:

Absolutely loved the drawings that went along with the video. The audio was clear so the information was able to be understood, but it was a little monotone. Overall, great video choice and content, but next time try to spice it up a little during the speaking portions.

36. Perpetual Nketsiah says:

I liked how simple and colorful the video, and I also liked the music in the background, though the volume could have been a bit lower. The speaker’s voice was clear and that made her very easy to follow.

37. Hannah Shin says:

Your video was very neat, I really enjoyed it! The drawings were creative and made the topic easy to follow along with. The audio for the speaker was a little loud for the first quarter of the video, but it was not distracting from the information. The video was organized and the format was simple and straightforward. Great job!

38. Andrianna Mancil says:

New Comment: Honestly, this is one of my favorite videos because of the visuals. It made the information much more simplified. The audio was a little boring because there was no power/passion in the presenter’s voice, so maybe add some cool sound effects or some more excitement. Are amino acids the only component stabilizing the membrane?

39. Kylie Semper says:

I think your ideas are very creative with the drawings. This definitely helped me understand the role of membrane proteins in the origin of cells. The simplicity of the video was nice. Any viewer should be able to understand the point you are making.

40. Ariz Jebien Sayson says:

I like how you explained what was drawn on the paper at that exact moment. It kept me engaged and focused on the topic at hand. Although the background music could have been lowered a bit, I had no problem understanding the information within the video.

41. Jayden Kimbro says:

I really loved this video. Not only were the drawings appealing but they actually helped me understand more. The only suggestion I would make would be to make the volume of the music lower. It was easy to be distracted considering that the narration and music were almost the same volumes.

42. Oluwatosin Sogbesan says:

Great job on being thorough in your explanation of the topic. It was easy to understand however, I had trouble hearing some parts of your video as I found the music to be too loud. Other than that, It was clear you had a deep knowledge on your topic!

43. Onyinye Chukka says:

I really enjoyed the aesthetic of this video. The drawings were clear and easy to follow along with as the narrator spoke. The only suggest I have is to make sure that the volume of the music does not overpower the speaker. Overall, it was an excellent video that demonstrated knowledge about your topic.