Group 4: Life History Trade Off in the Interplay of Pollinators and Pests

Bio Project Group 4 Work Cited

This entry was posted in -F19 Evolution. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Group 4: Life History Trade Off in the Interplay of Pollinators and Pests

1. Thanh Long Nguyen says:

I enjoyed the content of the video. The graphic used to depict the methods for the experiment was the most helpful in figuring out what variable has been modified. However, I do feel that some times the video is out of sync with the speaking, which causes some difficulty following the flow of the video.

2. Jamie Madigan says:

The art was wonderful and made the video flow well. The use of the flower and bee example through out video helped make it consistent.

3. Vishva Natarajan says:

It was interesting to learn about the interaction of different species in competition for resources which lead to evolution. I think the speaking could have been more smooth. The artwork was nice but I wish it was more dynamic, and changed as the speaking progressed. Overall I enjoyed watching the video.

4. Hollyn Tao says:

I love the drawings in this video! They are so pretty and really enhanced the content of the video.

5. Maddie Meer says:

The drawings were amazing and really helped with understanding the research. The video also did a very nice job of tying the research into what we are learning about. I do feel as though a bit of background music would have made the video a bit more engaging.

6. Anh Vu says:

Personally, I loved the artwork, because I think it provides a relaxing and calm vibe for the audience members to learn about the pollinators and pests. This relationship was well filmed and explained, however the voice transitions could have been less sharp. Overall, this I believe that this video explains the concept of pollination satisfactorily!!

7. Nimra Khan says:

You all did a great job breaking down the complexity of the concept while also making the video entertaining to the audience through visuals. Voice transitions could be improved between the speakers, just to allow an easier flow of ideas. Overall, great video!

8. Anh Vu-Ana says:

9. Richard Wong says:

The animation and drawings were a great representation of the research, and the information and connection to the bio concepts were clear to the audience. However the pop up of the ink pads were a little distracting at some points. Other than that, the video was well organized and very well presented.

10. Leah Tuck says:

All group members spoke slowly and clearly, which made the video easy to follow. You guys did a great job of providing enough background information so that someone with no background knowledge could watch this video and understand the relationships that pollinators and pests have with flowers.

11. Samantha Rice says:

I thought this video was very interesting! The drawings were so cool and really helped explain the topic at hand! It made the video fun to watch and easy to listen to and follow along. The transitions of narration could be a little more smooth, but other than that, this group did a really great job!

12. Kylie Semper says:

The drawings made it so much easier to follow along! You are very talented at drawing on a computer. My only recommendation would be to explain the significance of this research before going into the explanation about the methods of the experiment. I also appreciate how this video was explained. Someone who is unfamiliar with pollinators would be able to easily understand.

13. Abigail Blackmon says:

This video was really fun and explained the ideas in an easy to understand way. The pictures made the video entertaining and added to the understanding of the concepts. The explanation of indirect interaction was done very well. Some of the transitions between speakers could have been smoother. I liked how the end of the video tied the ideas back to Biol 1511 topics.

14. Aleena Chaudhry says:

I loved the graphics used to explain the content! They were simple and made it easy to follow along. I also liked that any background information needed to understand the video was provided and explained. For me, the only distracting feature was the ink pad on the computer. Overall, fantastic job!

15. Ha Jin Kim says:

I loved how you used drawings to explain the study. It was truly eye-grabbing and was easy to follow along. However, around 4:26 of the video, I found out that the illustrations of “hand pollination+ caterpillars” and “hand-pollination” were switched. Other than that, great video!

16. Tuyet Anh Nguyen says:

Overall, I thought you guys did a great job explaining the content. The audio was clear, and the visuals were very well drawn, helping me follow along with the video. However, I think some of the transitions could’ve been smoother, but other than that, I thought everything else was great.

17. Akshat Patel says:

The artwork kept the audience engaged throughout the video. There some points in the video where there was a long pause in the transitions. The ink pad was also a little bit distracting. Besides that, the narration was clear and everything else flowed well. Great job in connecting back to concepts learned in lectures.

18. Hannah Snyder says:

The artwork was so good and really added alot to the overall quality of the video, the information was interesting and did a good job keeping a flow in the video.

19. Katelyn Mcmath says:

I really enjoyed watching this video! It was very well done and interesting to listen to. The drawings fit well with the information. Although it was easy to follow and understand, I think that some of the information could have been presented in a more complex manner.

20. Sydney Prusak says:

I enjoyed this video a lot! The visuals were very good and helped with the clarity of the video. The narration was clear and the explanations were thorough. Great job!

21. Andrew Hood says:

The illustrations for the video look very good! The pacing of the video was good, and easy to follow. Drawing on a digital space made the video have a consistent aesthetic and was a good choice since the rest of us had to worry about lighting, camera movement, and peoples’ hands. I enjoyed the video, and the study was well-presented! Good Job!

22. Sydney Prusak says:

I enjoyed this video a lot! The visuals were very good and helped with the clarity of the video. The narration was clear and the explanations were thorough. I think it is interesting that caterpillars have a parasitic relationship with plants. This video ties the study to concepts we have learned in class well. Great job!

23. Elijah Grindle says:

The artwork is incredible and really helps make this topic thrive. The concept was very easy to follow and the study flowed well and was clear to follow. Loved how the study was described first then the consequences of the life history trade off was brought in, definitely made the concept of a life history trade off much more intriguing.

24. Ariz Jebien Sayson says:

The drawings really facilitated my understanding of the content covered in the video. It allowed me to easily see the phenotypic differences between the four groups of plants after the experiment was completed. Overall, the high-quality explanation and visuals made the topic easy to follow along and understand.

25. Kylie Semper says:

I enjoyed the last part of the video. You did a very good job of summarizing the life history trade offs as well as making connections to other broad components in biology. The visuals made the experimentation process easy to follow. Great job!

26. Michael Sketel says:

I absolutely loved your video! Your drawings and animations were so well done and professional. Your calligraphy and use of colors were also a very nice touch to the final product. Your visually appealing design kept me engaged throughout the entire video. You did a fantastic job!

27. Hannah Shin says:

Wow, I really enjoyed your video! The visuals were very aesthetic and unique (drawing on a tablet as opposed to a whiteboard), and the information was extremely easy to follow. I could tell that you put a lot of time and effort into it and the animator was quite the artist! The commentary was clear and the content was very organized. I am impressed, you all did a phenomenal job.