F19-3 The Impact of the Coevolution of Hosts and Gut Microbiota

This entry was posted in -F19 Evolution. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to F19-3 The Impact of the Coevolution of Hosts and Gut Microbiota

1. Jamie Madigan says:

The way that the two characters are followed through out the presentation is a nice way to tie the information together. There was a lot of text on some parts of the presentation that made it a little overwhelming visually.

2. Hollyn Tao says:

There is a lot of good information in this, and using the animation was a good idea, but I am not entirely sure what your assigned research study was about.

3. Hollyn Tao says:

There is a lot of good information here, and using the animation was a good idea, but I’m not entirely sure what your assigned research study was about.

4. Prerna Kokil says:

I liked the animations as they grabbed the attention of the viewer and kept them engaged. The audio is clear and loud enough to hear.

5. Maddie Meer says:

The video was visually appealing and the audio was very easy to hear. pictures and flow of the video kept the topic very engaging. I would have suggested some background music to make it a bit more engaging, but overall the video presented the information in a clear way.

6. Zoe Kim says:

The information was extremely well supported and explained in detail. I also appreciated the quality of the voice-over and animations. However, the watermark and colors were a little distracting.

7. Kylie Semper says:

I would suggest putting less on each slide. This would make it easier for the viewer to watch. Besides that, I think your video is great. There is vivid imagery and a clear explanation to your topic.

8. Mehak Sahney says:

The visual was amazing with all the colors and pictures, and the audio was perfect. However, the research itself could have been simplified more.

9. Abigail Blackmon says:

I thought the background information was done very well. I found it really interesting that the video mentioned that changes in the gut microbiome are related to the diseases mentioned. The many effects of the gut microbiome were very interesting.

10. Akshara Jayaraman says:

The animations provided a nice touch to the information that you presented! The video was very informative and engaging as well. Sometimes, there was a lot of text at once which was overwhelming, but overall, it was a good, informative video.

11. Nimra Khan says:

The video was very engaging with the nice diagrams and visuals presented with each part of the topic. I would suggest breaking down the research even more though. The concepts were a little hard to understand at times.

12. Maya Davis says:

I really liked how clear your audio was and how consistent it was between each different narrator. Your video was also visually appealing and I also enjoyed your animations. Overall, I think you put out a nice video.

13. Michelle Han says:

The information was very well explained. I noticed some information was only told in the narration. The narration was clear and well-written. One thing I want to point out was a bit of many texts on every slide, even on the images that were displayed. The text in each image was not readable due to small-sized text and recognizable. It would have been better if the images were bigger and the text on the side of the slide was less. But you guys did a nice job, overall!

14. Enye Lee says:

The narrators are very clear and explain the information effectively. Some of the animations seem irrelevant and sometimes distract the audience. The video was engaging and the information is well supported by credible evidence. There sometimes were point where the video was hard to follow but it was only a few moments.

15. Basma Hamid says:

This is such a cool and informative video! The animation was really engaging and it tied in the information very well. The video was really informative and I think you guys did a really good job of explaining everything clearly. Well done!

16. Sydney Prusak says:

I enjoyed the narration and the visuals throughout the video. The execution of this video was very unique. The narration was very clear and steady. The entire topic was well explained; however, there were several times when the information was dense and slightly difficult to understand. Overall, I enjoyed watching this video and learning about this topic!

17. Michael Nguyen says:

I really enjoyed the animations as it is a nice change of pace from the other videos and otherwise very engaging. Additionally, the audio and information were succinct but there was a large volume of text at times and some concepts required a little more breaking down, at least on my part, which made it is a bit difficult to understand. However, well done and visually pleasing.

18. Sydney Prusak says:

I enjoyed the narration and the visuals throughout the video. The execution of this video was very unique. The narration was very clear and steady. I find it interesting that week microbiome within the gut of pregnant women has been linked to premature births. The entire topic was well explained; however, there were several times when the information was dense and slightly difficult to understand. Overall, I enjoyed watching this video and learning about this topic!

19. Elijah Grindle says:

Really interesting topic and implications. The fecal transplant thing is something I never would have known about and is a very interesting and unexpected treatment. The video was well planned and the animations were good! The information could be a lot sometimes but with a little more background it definitely would be better. Great video overall!

20. Andrianna Mancil says:

The clear audio made the video easier to understand when the graphics were too detailed to read in the video. Originally, the background music was very loud, but the great detail that the group went into made up for the audio mishaps.

21. Andrianna Mancil says:

New Comment: The background sound effects were very loud and overpowering at the time. This video was interesting because it used a different style than the other ones. Does the microbiome evolve continuously after birth, or is it only for a certain amount of time?

22. Kylie Semper says:

I thought it was interesting that having a weak microbiome can be linked to premature births from the study done in Africa. Bringing in outside information makes the video more engaging to the audience. However, at times this video would be confusing for someone who has not learned about this topic. I would recommend making more simplistic slides.

23. Jayden Kimbro says:

I like the animation and narration. I also like the actual explanations of the concepts in the video. I would’ve suggested a bit more references to the research study the video was about, however.

24. Oluwatosin Sogbesan says:

I enjoyed your video as it was easy to follow. I did feel however, when you were talking about the evolution of the microbiome, that you should have had more visuals as it was on that slide for a while.