How to upload your video project…
Once your video is finalized, nominate a webmaster to upload the group project video to YouTube. Within the YouTube settings, please select either “public for all” or “unlisted.” (Avoide the third option, “private,” which prevents the video from displaying on the Bio 1511 website.) Note the URL for your YouTube video. The next step is to post your YouTube video to this site:
- Designate a group web master. Email Dr. Spencer (email@example.com) no later than 5 days before the project due date so she can add the group web master as an author on the website.
- Create and publish a group post. The group web master will have author privileges. After logging into the website, the web master will see a menu bar across the top of the page. From the “Add New” pull-down menu, select “Post.” The web master will then see an “Add New Post” page with a blank edit box. Selecting the “Visual” tab on the edit box will allow the web master to type in text and format using word processor type menu icons at the top of the box (if you see only one row of icons, click the last icon on the right of the row (“show/hide kitchen sink” to reveal a second row of icons).
- Title your post with your group number (e.g. “F16-12”) and a short description of your topic in the title.
- To add your group’s video, simply copy and paste your YouTube video URL into the text box. It will then appear as an embedded video on “Preview.” Make sure that the url appears as “http” and not “https,” or the video will not display correctly. Below the video, you may add additional references as text if these were not embedded in the video itself. (Do NOT use the “insert/edit link” button to turn the URL into a hyperlink.)
- Designate the category of your assigned topic from the list to the right of the text box, or your video will not be correctly categorized for viewing and rating.
- Publish your video when finished. You can use “Preview” to see what your post will look like. If you aren’t ready to post, you can save draft and later “Update” after any edits.